No Noodle “Pasta” Dishes
Pasta, that delicious gluten-filled wonder that everyone craves. But when you are gluten free, or even grain free, finding a “pasta” alternative can be difficult. But when you have a spiralizer, like this one (affiliate link), you can make all sorts of veggie “pasta’s”!
These pasta’s are also great in the summer. No heating up the stove, boiling water, and getting all steamy in the kitchen. All you need is the spiralizer, the select ingredients, and around 10 minutes time.
- 3 Medium Zucchini
- 2 Cups Fresh Basil
- 1/3 Cup Sunflower Seeds Or Pine Nuts
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Lemon (or 4-5 drops lemon Essential Oil theraputic grade)
- Pinch of Himalayan Pink Salt Or Sea Salt
- 1 Can ChickPeas
- Using spiralizer, spiralize zucchini. In a food processor combine basil, avocado, seeds (or nuts), garlic, salt, and lemon juice or oil. Since pesto comes out different every time, taste and see if you need to add more lemon, salt, or garlic.
- Toss pesto with zucchini noodles. Serve, and enjoy your delicious, healthy, raw meal!
- 4 medium carrots, peeled or spiralized
- 3 zucchinis
- 8 ounces bean sprouts (optional)
- 2 green onions, finely sliced (white and green parts)
- 1 small handful cilantro leaves, chopped, plus extra for serving
- 2-4 small wedges of lime, for serving
- Peanut sauce
- 3 Tablespoons sesame seeds or tahini
- ½ cup peanut butter or almond butter
- ¼ cup lime juice or 3-5 drops of Lime Essential Oil Therapeutic Grade
- 2 tablespoons Liquid Aminos
- 2 tablespoons Raw honey
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- About 3 tablespoons water, to thin
- Prepare the vegetable noodles: Use spiralizer or regular peeler to create noodles out of carrots and zucchini. Transfer the noodles to a large bowl. Add the bean sprouts (optional), onions, chopped cilantro to the bowl.
- Make the sauce: In a food processor add together all of the sauce ingredients until the sauce is smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Toss the sauce with the noodles and serve with a slice of lime on the side, extra cilantro on top, and sprinkle a few sesame seeds on top. Enjoy!