Coconut Sugar Candy
We all love candy. The sweet melt in your mouth sensation. But now days most candy has corn syrup and white sugar, which we all know isn’t that great for you. I decided to experiment with coconut sugar and see if i could make a candy that was better for us (and less ingredients!). The result ended with a sweet delicious caramel like candy, that will help that sweet tooth.
- 2 Cups Coconut Sugar
- 4 Tbs Butter
- 1 Cup Hot Water
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- A pan with a lid
- Candy Thermometer (You can find one here (affiliate) http://amzn.to/1hyM0Yk
- Combine Coconut Sugar, Butter, and Water in a pan and heat.
- Once Sugar is dissolved and starts bubbling put lid on pan and let it heat up for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove lid and let the mixture heat till 260° .
- Once it's heated remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Then drop "drops" of candy on parchment paper ( test it out first and make sure it doesn't stick, if it does you may want to butter it ).
- Let the candy cool and then place in container, or small wrappers.
- If you want Harder candy when it's cool enough to handle you can "pull" the candy and roll it up like tootsie rolls. It will be harder than the drops, and a great alternative to hard candy!
I really enjoyed making these coconut sugar candies! They are delicious, and if you have candy molds you can make fun shapes! Coconut Sugar is a great alternative to white refined sugar, and corn syrup. So if you want a candy that has NO refined sugars and NO corn syrup this is the sweet treat for you!