I love casseroles. They are delicious, easy, and make great leftovers. Ever since I’ve gone paleo my cravings for pasta and bread have decreased. But I discovered this amazing vegetable called spaghetti squash. It’s like pasta you can grow in your yard!
One of my favorite things about this is the grass fed beef. I buy it local (Check them out HERE) from our local farmers market. Grass fed beef is amazing. I love the taste and the fact that the cows are happy. I encourage everyone to go to their local farmers market and check it out. Buying local not only supports the local farmers but helps the local economy grow. It’s a great way to invest in your town or city.
Ok so for the casserole I got as many ingredients I could from my local farmers market.
I hope you enjoy this guitl
- 1 Spaghetti Squash Cooked
- 1 Onion
- 2 Tsp Coconut Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 lb Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 1 Can Organic Tomato Sauce
- 2 Cups Kale or Spinach
- Handful Fresh Cilantro
- Fresh Oregano
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning (No Salt)
- 2 Eggs
- Salt to taste
- Add onion, garlic and kale/spinach to coconut oil in pan on Medium heat. cook until onions are translucent.
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Add ground beef and cook until done.
- Add cooked spaghetti squash to 13x8 pan scraping the squash until it looks like noodles.
- Add tomato sauce to squash and mix well.
- Add spices to ground beef mixture and remove from heat.
- Add beef mixture to spaghetti squash mixture and mix well.
- In a bowl mix 2 eggs and beat well. Add to casserole and mix well.
- Cook casserole for 30-45 minutes until firm.