For the past 4 years I have tried almost every “healthy” deodorant out there. Some smell good, but don’t last, other just don’t seem to work at all. I have read many things about essential oils, and using them as deodorant, but to be honest, I didn’t think it would work. Until now that is.
I tested this recipe out for a week, and it seemed to help with smells better than some of my other deodorants that I spent a crazy amount of money on. This recipe seemed to work for me for around 6-8 hours without heavy sweating or around 4-6 with moderate sweating. Of course each person is different and I believe with a healthy diet, and yearly cleanses, the smell shouldn’t be that bad when you sweat. But it’s still nice to smell nice, and not be scared you smell like a fast food burger under your arms. Feel free to use your own essential oils, for this particular one I used Young Living oils. (For more info on where to get these oils click HERE.)
- 1 Small Spray bottle (I used glass)
- 3 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 4 Drops Purification Essential Oil
- Distilled Water or Witch Hazel (I used water)
- Pinch of Sea Salt Crystals Or Himalayan Pink Salt Crystals
*Citrus oils may burn skin in sunlight.
- Fill spray bottle with water until almost full, but not all the way to the top.
- Add essential oils, put lid on spray bottle tightly and tip bottle slowly upside down and back a few times to mix.
- Spray when needed.
That’s it! It’s simple, and it works great!