We all love candy. The sweet melt in your mouth sensation. But now days most candy has corn syrup and white sugar, which we all know isn’t that great for you. I decided to experiment with coconut sugar and see if i could make a candy that was better for us (and less ingredients!). The result ended with a sweet delicious caramel like candy, that will help that sweet tooth.
- 2 Cups Coconut Sugar
- 4 Tbs Butter
- 1 Cup Hot Water
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- A pan with a lid
- Candy Thermometer (You can find one here (affiliate) http://amzn.to/1hyM0Yk
- Combine Coconut Sugar, Butter, and Water in a pan and heat.
- Once Sugar is dissolved and starts bubbling put lid on pan and let it heat up for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove lid and let the mixture heat till 260° .
- Once it's heated remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Then drop "drops" of candy on parchment paper ( test it out first and make sure it doesn't stick, if it does you may want to butter it ).
- Let the candy cool and then place in container, or small wrappers.
- If you want Harder candy when it's cool enough to handle you can "pull" the candy and roll it up like tootsie rolls. It will be harder than the drops, and a great alternative to hard candy!
I really enjoyed making these coconut sugar candies! They are delicious, and if you have candy molds you can make fun shapes! Coconut Sugar is a great alternative to white refined sugar, and corn syrup. So if you want a candy that has NO refined sugars and NO corn syrup this is the sweet treat for you!