I love hummus. Either with pita chips or on top of a green salad with balsamic vinegar, hummus is one of my favorite things to eat. The hummus sold in stores have so many added ingredients and preservatives that I decided to try my hand at making it. And I was surprised to see how easy it is! Continue reading →
For the past 4 years I have tried almost every “healthy” deodorant out there. Some smell good, but don’t last, other just don’t seem to work at all. I have read many things about essential oils, and using them as deodorant, but to be honest, I didn’t think it would work. Until now that is. Continue reading →
These muffins are a delicious treat. With blueberries, lemon, and chia seeds, these will leave you wanting just one more. I used my Young Living Lemon Oil in this recipe, and it turned out great! (Way better than trying to grate a lemon peel).
A delicious muffin using lemon essential oil, blueberries, and chia seeds.
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Organic Sugar (or sugar of choice)
- 3/4 Cup Organic Yogurt ( I used Vanilla)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Raw Honey
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cinnamon (or 3-4 drops cinnamon essential oil)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 5-8 Drops Lemon Essential Oil Or Juice of 1 Lemon and zest(I recommend Young Living, Make sure oil is okay for consumption)
- 1 1/2 Cups Organic All Purpose Flour (or flour of choice)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt ( I use Himalayan Pink Salt)
- 1 1/3 Cups Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2-3 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In medium bowl whisk egg and sugar until well mixed. Add yogurt, coconut oil, honey, vanilla, cinnamon, and lemon oil.
- In separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda and powder, and salt.
- Mix flour mixture into the wet mixture and mix well.
- Fold in berries and chia seeds.
- Spoon heaping portions of batter into sprayed muffin liners. There should be enough batter for 12 regular sized muffins.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until slightly brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool, and enjoy!